Sunday, June 16, 2013

Media Ecology Interview


Media Ecology Interview

Conducted by Kasondra Gorman

Name: Chayse

Age: 16

1. Do you have a computer /iPod/MPC playerWii/ ect....?  computer, ipod, wii, cell phone

2. What kinds of things do you use the computer for? social media (Twitter), homework help, if
    im curious about something

3. What is your favorite thing to do on the computer? watch youtube videos

4. How did you learn to do that? I came across vlogs (video blogs) and enjoyed them and found 
    more and more as I went

5. What are some other things you use the computer for? play music

6. What is your favorite game? Why? for a computer game, pinball

7. Do you know other people who do this? no...

8. How do you use the computer at school? research for classes, online tests, online assignments

9. How would you like to use the computer at school? for one thing I think we should have 
    computers that actually work and continue using them for research and also to learn how
    they work

10. Do you think teachers would let you use the computer to do those things? Why? Why not?
      yes because they offer information and because computer usage is increasing and we should
      know how to work them

11. Anything else you would like to tell me? no

12. Do your parents have any computer rules (sites you are allowed or not allowed to go on,
      time limits, restrictions)? I cant publicly give away personal information like where I live,
      school, etc
 
 
* I conducted my initial interview with Chayse over e-mail.  For my paper, I later contacted her
   by phone to clarify a few of her statements.  I did not edit her e-mail responses in any way
   because I felt it played to our previous discussions on grammar depending upon the
   communication genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment